Wednesday, May 6, 2009

My Trip to 거제도 Part 1







This past weekend I went to an island off Korea called 거제도(Geoje Island). I am not even sure where to begin with this blog. The place was amazing.

Well, Friday night after work, I met with my friend 정길 and my new friend Amy. My co-worker Simon gave us a ride to Nambu Station where we would take a bus to 거제도. We thought the bus ride was going to be about 5 hours and ended up only being about 4 hours. So, we arrived at our destination a bit earlier than expected. When we got to the island, it was about 4:30 in the morning and we had some time to kill. We went to a PC room to check on a few things before we started to venture around the island. We tried to find a coffee shop to waste some time, but nothing was open. We decided to take our luggage to the pension and leave it with the owner. None of us wanted to carry around our heavy bags.

By the time we were able to check into the pension, we were all pretty beat. We bought some groceries for the weekend and headed to the pension, which was about a 40 minute cab ride. This cab ride only cost us 20,000 won. We checked into the pension, took a nap, and then cooked our dinner. I was able to introduce grilled chicken to the pension's owner. He liked it, so 정길 told him how I prepared it to be cooked. After dinner, we went back to our room and went to sleep for the night.

(In fear of making one really long post that people would get bored reading, I am going to post about my trip to 거제도 in separate parts. The next part will be posted soon. Hopefully along with photos in each post. Maybe a video too.)

No comments:

Post a Comment