Sunday, August 23, 2009

Unexpected

"Now, I Nebuchadnezzar praise, exalt, and honor the King of heaven, for all His works are true and His ways just, and He is able to humble those who walk in pride."

The last part of this verse hit me. "He is able to humble those who walk in pride." I have a tendency to walk with pride that is not rightfully mine. Just last night, I was given a blow. A few friends and I were talking about church and when I asked if they knew I was a Christian, I was told no. Until this point, I thought I was doing okay. I thought I was living my life for God. I thought, I was showing through my walk and everything who I lived for.

This is what I thought.

Last night, when I got home, I began praying and asking for forgiveness. Then, I cried. I was crying because of my pride and shame. However, I will not live with this shame. God has restored me. He gives us people to show us an outside perspective. I thank God for showing me this. I hope I can continue to grow and that He continues to show me more of the things I am doing well in and the things I should change.

Thank you.

1 comment:

  1. wow. thanks for sharing, it's cool to see what God is doing with others all over the world. it opens up a whole new perspective on how awesome He is.

    ReplyDelete