Sunday, June 27, 2010

Letters From the Past

Last night I was with a friend just walking around a lake and chatting. I seem to be walking around that lake quite often these days. Well, after awhile of walking, my friend asked if to sit down for a bit. I did and we began talking about God. As we were talking, she began to ask if He was really listening to what she had to say. She said she doubts Him sometimes. I began to tell her that He is always there. When we think He isn't listening, we just have to trust that He is. I told her there were and still are many times when I have the same thoughts. However, we shouldn't allow these thoughts to turn us away from Him.

I then opened my notebook and wanted to show her something I had written during a pretty dark time in my life. When I couldn't find it on my computer, I saw a different piece on my desktop. I opened it and we began to read it. It was crazy because I had completely forgotten what I had written about and as we read it, we saw that it pertained to exactly what we were talking about.

After we finished, I began thinking about it. It might have been good for her, but it was also something that I needed to read. It was things that have been on my heart and have placed to the side. It was God telling me to come back to it. I thought it was funny how God would use something I had written several months ago to get my attention. To tell me not to forget my promises.

And even before all of this, we were at a Korean church. The pastor was talking about time and our promises. For me, I don't usually listen the first time. I usually need something to hit me in the face before I actually hear it. I guess seeing it in my own writing was God's way of doing just that. I actually enjoy those moments. Moments of clarity. I know I could use a lot more. Sometimes it is quite easy to get distracted.

No comments:

Post a Comment