Thursday, November 19, 2009

November 20th

This morning I awoke around 7:00 AM to go to a meeting for a job with a kindergarten school I will be working for while I attend school at Seoul National University. However, while I was walking towards the bus stop, I received a text telling me not to come and that they had to revise the contract some more and I could sign it on Monday. Needless to say, I had some time and thought I would share my thoughts.

Since I have moved to Korea, I have felt that I was brought here for a purpose. It has been my goal to constantly strive for that purpose, whatever it may be. Throughout my stay in Korea, I have developed a desire to reach out to the people of Korea. I sincerely believe God has been putting this in my heart. However, the past few months, I have been so busy with everything, I feel I have completely forgotten why I am even here. Every now and then I will have a conversation that brings it all back, but it seems to vanish as quickly as it came.

I get caught up in my every day life and forget about all those around me. I haven't called my friends or family in such a long time. For that I am sorry. Living here has really shown the importance of friendship. But more importantly than that is the relationship with God. I believe at times, I have sacrificed my relationship with God for my ambitions or for His goals. I get caught up in why I "think" I am somewhere and forget to allow the Holy Spirit to lead me.

I remember in Florida that when these situations arose, I always had my friends who could set me straight. They could call me out and I appreciate that. That is the one thing I desire here. I want a friend who can call me out. A friend who can say, "Hey, what you just said wasn't right." Or just a friend who could ask, "How is your relationship with God these days?"

It's funny. Out of all the things I miss the most, having friends who were not afraid to call each other out is by far top of that list.

No comments:

Post a Comment