Saturday, December 12, 2009

Week 1 of School

Okay, I am going to try something new with my blog. I will try really hard to post at least once a week. This way, you guys can know how school is going and what not. By you guys, I mean my mother and the 5 others who actually take the time to read my babbling.

Anyway, I just began my life as a 한국어 학생. (Korean Student) Right now, it is kind of easy since I have already learned how to read and write Korean. The teachers are pretty nice. I somewhat have a crush on one. Well, her character anyway. She has a lot of energy and makes the class fun.

The students are pretty cool as well. One other student is from America(Boston) and the rest are from Canada, China, Japan, Mongolia, Singapore, Germany, and Australia. A lot of them can speak English, but there are a few who just know a few words.

Side-note: China actually just says, "hi" and "bye-bye" when they greet. Apparently, movies are not the best source to find out what people say when they see each other. Thanks 25 years of watching Chinese movies and being lied to.

It has been fun talking to some of the students and to hear their stories. Oh yeah, about half of the class has studied some form of psychology and 3 of them are lawyers.

To make money, I am a kindergarten teacher now. I teach for a few hours every morning working with children who are between the ages of 4 and 7. They are extremely cute. I will try to get pictures of them soon. I think you will agree when you see them. Work is good. The teachers are all really nice. It should be a good, tiring year, haha.

In other news, I had a 소캐팅 (blind date) and must say that it was a complete disaster. My friends and I had a lot of laughs about it afterwards. When we met, it was like pulling teeth to get the girl to speak. In fact, I am not even sure what her name was. (I know, I'm a terrible person.) Anyway, after about 15 minutes of this torture, I wanted out of there fast. My friend showed up and pretty much rescued me. I slid over and let him sit in front of the girl. Then I mentioned that I needed to go to 교보 (It's a bookstore here in Korea.) in hopes of getting away. However, they all went. My friend 바우 and I walked around without the date while I was shopping. We talked about how terrible it was going and then left. We all ate some ice cream and then the girl went home. When the person who set up the date came back we all began joking about what just happened. I told her she should never set anyone up on a date again. It was a complete bust.

Now, I just finished my homework for class and have to study for my test on Monday. That's right, only a week of school and we have a speaking test. I will let you know how I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment