Thursday, August 26, 2010

Sweet Tea

It's 10:41 Pm. I'm sitting next to my computer watching a video made by some friends back in Orlando. Sipping on sweet tea, I began thinking of home, my friends, and family. I miss them.

Then the thought comes to my mind; is it my friends whom I miss or the thoughts, expressions, words, and love they constantly share. Sometimes, I feel like I am in an expressionless void surrounded by zombies whose main motivation for living is money. Surrounded by people who are afraid to fully express themselves. To share who they really are. I miss them.

I miss the freedom of expression my friends and I shared. The constant flow of love and the creativity it created. It was beautiful. When I hear of what they are up to, I yearn for it... here, in Korea. I want people to freely express themselves. I want people to think of things other than money, jobs, and the outward appearance. I want to become creative again.

I have become caught up and the everyday life, that I have actually forgotten about why I am here. Why I came to Korea in the first place. I have forgotten how to be creative. It's time to step it up. To love those around me and to allow that love to create creativity. The love of Christ. My God. My Friend.

Thank you to all those from Orlando. You have deeply shaped my life and I'm constantly thinking of you. I don't stay in contact as much as I would like to, but know that I love you. I like reading about your lives and the things going on with Status. Thank you for the freshness you bring.

No comments:

Post a Comment