Monday, August 2, 2010

These Days

I have been in Korea for just over one year and a half now and I love where I am. I'm living in Seoul, teaching for a kindergarten where my boss loves me. The kids I teach also love me. I'm paying my own rent now and all the bills that come along with it. I really have no complaints.

Since I have been in Korea, I have been part of things that I never dreamed of when I first moved here. I was in a Korean musical that where I had to act and sing in Korean. I was one of the main characters. I guess you could say I was the comic relief. It was a hard journey, but am really glad I went through it. I was able to learn a lot about my self. Some good, some not so good. After I finished the musical, I was asked to be part of Othello... done completely in Korean. This time I was just part of the ensemble. It was a lot of fun and I got to meet some really great people.

Other than that, I have just been working and hanging out with friends. I'm starting to learn that I need to take time for myself. Without this, I tend to lose myself. Hopefully, I can keep that up and always remember to take time away from everything and just relax, enjoy all the things God has given me.

Also, I have found a coffee shop that I really enjoy coming to. While skiing the other day, I scraped my elbow. Now whenever I come into the shop, the owner always puts medicine on it. She is quite motherly. I like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment