Saturday, December 19, 2009

Tired

At the moment, I am pretty tired. I need to learn how to stay at home and relax. However, that is a little hard when you don't exactly feel completely comfortable living where you are. Don't get me wrong. The people I live with are extremely nice and have done what they can to make me feel at home, but it's still hard to get completely comfortable living in someone else's home. Maybe this will pass with time. I mean, I have only lived here for a little more than 2 weeks. We will see.

On other news, I aced my first speaking test. I had my second one on Friday and will find out the score next week sometime. I guess you can say that so far, school is going well. The classmates are nice and we are talking to each other more and more.

Tonight, I helped out with an English study group. That was interesting. All the people were really nice, but teaching English is quite tiring. It's funny how the language I have used every day for the past 25 years (Korean age) can at times be hard to explain. There are parts of speech and phrases that through using the language, you just know what they mean or how they are used. However, when it comes time to explain them, it seems impossible. Nonetheless, I had fun. It's always great to meet new people.

I'm not sure if it is just me being tired or what, but I don't really have much to say for this week. I went to work... which reminds me. This past week, a student who is about 4 years old asked if I was a father. I said, "No! I'm too young!" Then the Korean teacher began to laugh. I also went to school and repeated this every day. Its life. I enjoy it!

No comments:

Post a Comment