Monday, January 4, 2010

December 4th Should Have Been a Snow Day

I was awaken with the great joy of snow today. I am from the south and have only lived in the north for a little over a year and have never had much snow. Last year in Korea, it didn't really snow either. Last night however, it did!

I felt like a child today as I walked to the bus. I kept grinning as my feet were sliding around and I was trying to keep my balance. I can't explain the joy I felt. I believe today was a gift. A little bit of joy to wash away the frustrations of recent. All day, I heard people complaining about the snow; I just smiled. It wouldn't leave. When people were slipping around me and I, myself was struggling to stay up, I just laughed. It was nice. It was pure.

I truly haven't felt this way in awhile. I felt like a kid again. No worries, no pain. Just pure joy. I am so thankful for the God I have. This joy I have, I know comes from Him. It is such a blessing to have a God who does love us and cares for us. I know the snow wasn't just for me, but it brought a smile to my face... and giggles (even if giggling annoys me 99% of the time). I had a good day.

I just wish it would have been a snow day so I could have laid in the snow, haha. Maybe next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment