Sunday, April 12, 2009

Cherry Blossom Festival







Today, I got to visit 여의도 with my friend 정길 to see the cherry blossoms. We met in 서 현 where we caught a bus. On the way, we got stuck in traffic which turned what should have been about a 30 minute ride into about an hour or more bus ride. We finally arrived at our destination and met up with a couple of 정길 friends.

We were even able to get some Korean Cotton Candy. Just in case you are wondering, it taste just like cotton candy from America.

Afterwards, we all went and had dinner. While eating, we all watched this TV show about these Korean women who were over 30 and were trying to find a date. I believe they were all famous in one way or another. It was somewhat interesting, considering we stayed there for about 30 minutes after we were done eating watching the show. Finally, we left and decided to get some coffee.

After the coffee, 정길 and I got back on the bus to head home. On the entire bus ride back home we had to listen to these high school girls talk, quite loudly I might add. Apparently they were talking about some boy. Sometimes the best part about living in a country where they speak a different language is when you don't have to hear other people's conversation. So, while my friend was suffering, I was able to tune it out quite easily.


1 comment:

  1. hi. i agree. with all the foreign letters. and listening and tuning out convos. this made me smile.

    ReplyDelete