Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Mimicking

Today I am sitting at my desk listening to Murder by Death and waiting for my day to begin. I just finished yet another frustrating day of piano lessons. I think the one thing harder than trying to learn how to play an instrument is learning a new instrument from someone who doesn't speak your language.

Today, she was trying to explain something to me. I told her I did not understand. We looked at each other confused as she tried to explain it again. I guess if you repeat the same word or words then something will stick. That would be true if you spoke the same language. But I do not know enough Korean to be able to understand my piano instructor.

So, she decided to move on with me still lost and confused as to what I am doing. I play along, mimicking her like a child would their parents with no understanding of what they are doing.

2 comments:

  1. Euphemism for society? I think we do a lot of things without really understanding why, just knowing that that's what someone else did. :(

    Miss you JB!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess it could be. I was merely painting a picture of what I was doing. And I do this in life as well.

    ReplyDelete